There may be times when you don’t want your whole computer history on display for the world to see.
Unfortunately OS X Lion and Mountain Lion seem determined to stop you covering your tracks.
Despite clearing the ‘recently used’ list in the application itself, the doc will sit there like a smug elephant who-never-forgets and remind you of every doc whenever you right-click on the icon.
Fortunately there are several ways around this, but the easiest is :
1) Open the offending App and from preferences choose ‘clear menu’
Here is an example in Preview:
2) Unfortunately this won’t clear the history shown in the dock icon, so now Quit the application
3) Remove the app from the dock
(right-click on app icon -> Options -> Remove from dock)
4) Open the application again
5) Add back to the dock
(right-click -> options -> Keep in Dock)
6) Viola – your app history is now gone!
Good Luck covering your tracks 🙂Tags: apple, os x, Support